From the City of Loveland:
Loveland’s 2016 Fall Leaf Collection schedule will begin on October 17 this year. Leaf collection during this period will be done by a City crew using mechanical equipment similar to a vacuum cleaner. Residents are instructed to rake leaves to a place near the street or curb. Do not place leaf piles on the sidewalk, gutters, ditches, roads, or blocking fire hydrants.
In each of the neighborhoods or streets listed below, a crew will be working the area on the dates shown and the crew will be making one pass on each street during the period of collection. The schedule calls for each neighborhood to have two collection periods. Residents are requested to have leaves at the curb prior to the beginning date of the scheduled pick-up period in the following neighborhoods:
October 17 (Monday) and November 7 (Monday)
East Main, Elm, Chestnut, Wall, Riverside, Park, Ohio, lower West Loveland, Harper, Shadycrest, Victory Circle, Wilson and Center
October 18 and 19 (Tuesday and Wednesday) and November 8 – 10 (Tuesday – Thursday)
Wakefield, Walker, Oak, Ash, Laurel, Williams, Maryknoll, Ruth, Venice, Elysian, Oriole, Lowell, Seyffer, Walnut, Paxton, Cedar, Robin, Second, Steeplechase, Huntington, Reserves, and Cedar Woods Subdivisions
October 20 (Thursday) and November 11 (Friday)
Lower Broadway, Third, Harrison, O’Bannon, E. Loveland Ave., Karl Brown Way, Union, Railroad, Maple, First, Fifth, Lyon, Sentry Hill, Brandywine, Hermitage Pointe, and Bares Creek Subdivisions
October 24 – 27 (Monday – Thursday) and November 14 – 16 (Monday – Wednesday)
Pheasant Hills, Pheasant Hills on the Lake, Claiborne I Subdivisions, and Hidden Creek
October 27 and 28 (Thursday an Friday) and November 17 and 18 (Thursday and Friday)
Fox Meadow Farm and Glen Lake Subdivisions, Lebanon Road, West Loveland Ave. from Lebanon to Loveland Madeira Rd., Rich Road, Woodford Subdivision, and Kemper Road
October 31 – November 3 (Monday – Thursday) and November 21 – 23 (Monday – Wednesday)
Stoneybrook, Miamiview, Loveland Heights, Durango Drive, Claiborne II and Fox Chase Subdivisions
The 2016 fall brush pickup program will begin on Monday, November 14 and will run for five weeks. Brush must be placed at the curb no later than Sunday night of the scheduled week of each collection. The following will be our schedule for brush pickup:
November 14: Area of the City that has a Monday trash pickup.
November 21: Area of the City that has a Tuesday trash pickup.
November 28: Area of the City that has a Wednesday trash pickup.
December 5: Area of the City that has a Thursday trash pickup.
December 12: Area of the City that has a Friday trash pickup.
The following are guidelines established for the brush pick-up program:
- Limbs cannot exceed 10” in diameter at the cut section.
- Small twigs and sticks should be bundled with twine in bundles 12” in diameter. Twigs or sticks can also be placed in a container at the curb, but no other yard waste should be in the containers. Please, no loose piles of sticks and debris.
- Limbs should be placed at the curb with the cut section facing the street and all limbs should be facing the same direction. This makes it easier and faster to handle.
- Brush must be placed at the curb or edge of roadway. Do NOT place brush in the roadway, gutter, ditches, or on sidewalks. Do NOT block fire hydrants.
- No leaves, pine needles, grass clippings, or other yard waste will be collected. Any material not meeting these requirements cannot be collected and will be left at the curb.
Wood chips will be available again this year at the Public Works Department, 10980 Loveland-Madeira Road. Anyone in the City who would like a full load of wood chips should call 513-707-1439.
Outside the regular pick-up schedule, residents are encouraged to come to City Hall to get a free voucher to drop off any yard waste to Evans Landscaping.